[no subject]

The Who's remixed CD must-have
BY KIMM MONTONE
Staff Writer
kmontone@republicanherald.com

Last week, fellow journalist Damon R. Dillman gave me
The Who's "My Generation: 2 CD Deluxe Edition" remixed
CD.

The Who, a band that often fell outside of my musical
scope, finally made its way into my Sony boom-box and
managed to remain there for about a week and a half. I
listened to the 1965 debut classic rock LP "My
Generation" that was remixed in stereo from
three-track master tapes.

The double disc CD, complete with biography and
recording info, takes me back to a simpler time of
rock and roll, before distorted guitars became as
standard as the Les Paul guitar. The music captures
Pete Townshend's amazing songwriting ability and Keith
Moon's puncturing drum beats he's known for.

My favorite songs on the disc included, "I Don't
Mind," "The Kids are Alright," the upbeat "It's Not
true," and, of course, "My Generation."

The CD was released on MCA Records and anyone who
himself a rock fan - whether you're into metal,
classic or punk rock - deserves to add this piece of
music to his collection.

=====
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!