From: "Mark R. Leaman" <bushchoked@yahoo.com>
To: TheWho@igtc.com
Subject: Re: 2000 tour vs 2002 tour
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:07:28 -0800 (PST)

I saw four shows in 2000 & four shows in 2002. The 2000 tour was better.

Scott:

As someone will be quick to point out that I didn't see a 2002 show, I'll go by something definite and tangible...released material. The 2000 show being, of course, RAH which I have put on CD from the DVD for my listening pleasure, and 2002 being the Detroit soundboard. Comparing the two...well, all I can say is anyone who prefers the 2002 tour must not have been much of a John fan. Pino is just not even in the ballpark. That meaty chunky bass is NOT there. I have a hard time listening to the Detroit show, it's painful for as I said earlier I can only hear what's no longer there. Daltrey's voice I've addressed, and at least in Detroit it's NOT better or even as good. Pete might have been a hair better this time out...I don't know, because in 2000 my jaw dropped somewhere in the fourth song at Atlanta (The Relay) because it sounded like he was channeling Malmsteen or something. Jon Dawson has the most famous guitar comment for that show, and I'll leave it to him to post it be!
cause I'm not sure of the exact wording (but can still see his face when we met in the crowd after the show). Zak is a great drummer for the Who, but even so he's not Moon...so that leaves me to point out that John was half of the sound of the band, and he wasn't there in 2002.

Poor OX....

I can't say that. I'm angry with him, because he did it to himself and I'm having a hard time forgiving him for it. Such sheer talent, wasted, destroyed, and pointlessly.

If you love music, check us out on the
web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

Cheers ML
HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now