RE:RE: I think I can sum up this Cobain thing....

This list is about The Who, and the Cobain statement
was about a member of the Who.  If that assholes'
comments can be splattered all over the world, then I
can do the same with mine.

The truth of the matter is that if he hadn't sucked
down the barrel of a Remington, Nirvana would have
continued to make albums, and they would have
eventually faded away like Soundgarden or Screaming
Trees, or any other of the Seattle-ish rock bands (I'm
not putting these two bands down...big fans of both).

The fact is that if Butch Vig wasn't the producer on
NEVERMIND, it wouldn't have done shit.  The follow up
album was the beginning of a nose dive.  The live
shows were haphazard, except for Dave Grohl.  The
equipment smashing was as convincing as an Ed Wood
movie.  Whoever first compared this overrated shit-bag
to John Lennon should be tied up and made to listen to
HOLE for all of eternity.

He was never grateful for the bands success, he
complained about everything that me and others who are
eeking by in bands dream of.  He thought MTV was a
phony institution, but continued to make videos and
play at their award shows.  I've played some of the
same crap-holes that Nirvana played on their way up,
and have heard countless stories from sound-guys and
bartendars about Saint Kurt that paint a different
picture than Kurt Loder and all of his teat-suckers
push out.  He was VERY money conscious, showed
contempt for crowds when they didn't react to his
every move, and was more cocerned with obtaining drugs
than anything else.  Anybody ever hear of a heroin
user having an upset stomach?  I can't imagine.

And I almost forgot...

Fuck Mick Jagger.

=====
Jon Dawsonwww.thirdofnever.com