Ozzy's "thang" and Sting's lack thereof

>From: "Mark R. Leaman"
>Subject: Re: Hoy Hoy Poloi; Religion as a one liner; Ozzy's "thang" and
Sting's lack thereof

>Johanna:
>Me too, you said it exactly as I feel it. I listen to the old stuff and
can't listen to the 2002 stuff, because it only highlights that >fact that
he's not there. I hear everything he's not doing, if you know what I mean.

Ooooo, I'm having the same difficulty.  Eminence Front is causing me
problems.  Actually, a bunch of songs just seem empty without John's notes
that have been branded into my brain.

>>While Ozzy does have that dark thang
>How do YOU know how dark his "thang" is? Only Sharon knows for sure...

Actually, I was an Ozzy groupie back in the day.  I slutted myself for the
big Ozz man.  Been there.  It's dark.
(ok, I just grossed myself out.)
<none of the above is true........just for the record.>

>LAL works better, and The Clash works even better than that.

Hooligans did it for me.  A swift kick in the arse was the ticket!

>>Yes. And, this is where the role of the parent/guardian/good friend comes
>>in.....helping the novice negotiate the dangers and things that are
unsafe.

>Man, that new fatherhood thing has already taken you over. Where is that
old Kevin I used to know?

Hoooooold on there partner!  I never defined what "dangers" is or what
"unsafe" is.  This, would be up to the individual parent.
I suspect with great confidence there will be parents out there that will
feel the need to protect their kid from a "danger", when I don't see it as a
danger at all.
What I *do* know for certain, is after a certain point, you can only hope
that you've given your kid enough smarts to be safe.  And even then there
hopefully will be plenty of luck on their side.  My parents had no control,
despite the concentration camp type of supervision they tried to impose.

>I'd say negativity got the nod, thought, overall.

Yeah.  It's a shame.

>>Really, I'm still pissed at him for quitting The Police.
>I'm not. They were getting too safe and mainstream. Side two of
Synchronicity was pretty lame.

While not my favorite Police album, we used to play the shit out of that.
What, about 1983?
"Hey-i mighty brontosaurus, don't you have a lesson for us?  If we should
use the atom bomb, would you say that we were dumb?  just walkin' in your
footsteps......."
Ahhhhhh, memories of grand parties on my parents back porch while they were
in Europe that summer....Police blasting.

Kevin in VT