Re: I think I can sum up the Cobain thing.....

Brian has it right.  Cobain most likely inspired by PT.  These writing are just feelings he most likely had at the moment.  Most likely Cobain would have burn these if he knew the whole world was going to see them.  One must take "hope i die before i become Pete Townsend" in the period that it was written.  Pete did not play like he has been on the last two tours when this was written.  They pretty much sucked while Nirvana was becoming big and up and to the time Cobain blew his brains out.  Maybe he was a good artist but he still took the lower road and killed himself.  Pete has problems just as much as he did and he still goes out on stage and gives a piece of himself when he plays in concert.

so don't whimp out like cobain and keep on rocking like Pete!