Cockroach, part 5 (or so)

ML said "Interesting you'd label me a "bully" when all I've done is respond
to your ever increasingly poisonous accusations."

So it's a simple matter of getting the last word in, right?

I will clarify.  The bully label comes from some soul searching on my part.
Someone suggested that I think about what originally drew me to you.  This
was excellent advice, and I took it to heart.  Of course, there was The Who
thing and some common political ground but that really doesn't set you apart
in my mind.  What originally motivated me to seek personal contact was the
way you were thrashing it out with someone who disagreed with you in this
forum.  You were calling them names, ordering them around, and generally
trying to humiliate them.  I contacted you (and your foe) to try and calm
things down.  So, your bullying behavior or "intellectual aggressiveness"
(if that term is better for you) is central to my view of you.  For me, it
is what sets you apart from the pack of other internet strangers that I
somwhat know.  It always was, and still is.  Of course, this is entirely
subjective.  It is MY perception.  And no, I'm not going to rehash the
particulars of this incident.  And no, I won't be argued out of my
perception.

ML  "It falls right in line with "judge" and "liar" and "ordering" and ever
other false label you've imposed on me."

Agreed.

ML "Poor poor pitiful you..."

I don't have a problem with your thoughts here.  I don't know your thoughts.
They are not my concern.

 "...for getting one in the chin ..."

I don't feel any pain.  This analogy doesn't work for me.

ML   "And, as a measure of your lack of intelligence and maturity, you keep
right on doing it. Stupid, stupid, stupid."

This makes me think of the 11 year-old bully again.

It seems to me that we are on exactly the same level.  I don't claim to be
above you, I've just pointed out where I disagree with you (there is so much
of that to discuss).  The primary difference between us is that we are not
in each other's shoes.  "We're both the same, but we still get separate
rooms."

Am I a hyocrite and a liar?  Yes.  No doubt about it.  I think that makes me
human.
Am I stupid?  There are those who are smarter than me.  So, I guess I am
stupid relative to them.  I'm certainly susceptible to doing and saying
things that I find stupid.
Am I mature?  At times, yes. At times, no.

"IOW, once again you have nothing but the venom."

Toward you?  Yes, this is true at the moment.

"You mean like "bully?" How long IS your memory, anyway? You mother wears
army boots!"

Again, I do not claim to be above you.  Not at all.
The fact that I won't submit to you, doesn't mean I want to be above you.
A difficult concept to grasp, but important.  Very important IMO.

"I've assigned you nothing."

Wrong.  You've done it in your lastest post, as you have done for many
weeks.  Day in and day out, at least in my opinion.

ML  "You're not important enough to go after, not to me."

Then why don't you stop?

BTW, the "you started it" argument is meaningless to me.  I'm not competing
to be win in som absolute sense.  I'm refusing to submit.

ML   "Once again you are unable to accept blame or any form of retaliation
for your actions..."

I'll accept blame, but not retaliation.

Motivation assignation follows:  "Hey, didn't you tell me how great The
Shout list and people were compared to this one?"

Unlikely.  You might be close, but you've twisted my words, taken them out
of context and followed-up with the conclusion that I should leave IGTC.
You are certainly entitled to perceive my words however you want, but that
was not my thought - ever.
What exactly did I say?
When did I say it?
What was going on at the time on the list, on The Shout and in my head?
What was the discussion about?
I'm sure there was a time (like there is at this moment) where a discussion
somewhere else in Whoworld is more interesting and pleasant than this.  I
don't view the discussion groups and the people who use them as groups to be
categorized, compared and ranked as a whole. It just does not compute that
way in my head.

I expect you to counter this with more motive assignments.

"After all the bad shit you said about this list I'm surprised you're still
here."

No question, things do get ugly here from time to time.  I'm sure we can
agree about that ;-)
I'm not planning to go away, so now you will know what to expect and what
would be surprising.

"You mean "there's a guy sick and tired of dealing with a cockroach after
trying too long to reason with him.""

That's certainly another way to look at it.
One person's "reasoning" is another person's manipulation.
Subjectivity, relativism and semantics.

For anyone who wants to shorten the "cockroach" name, feel free to call me
Cock :-)  That's got a nice ring to it.

Jeff