Re: Hoy Hoy Poloi; Religion as a one liner; Ozzy's "thang" and Sting's lack thereof

Mark, re

> > OK, fairly impressive, but I've been married 27 years...which I
> > recently told my wife sounds more like a jail sentence than anything
> > else. Uh, I suggest you don't say things like that to your wife...at
> > least that's my experience...

Looks like we both married our respective wives in 1975:-) I'm a 27 year
man too!

Your comment reminded me of a joke I heard a while ago, "Marriage isn't
a word, it's a sentence", which I thought was pretty funny!

As for John Entwistle, I was privileged to go to his memorial service
last thursday and then on to the reception, where many of the extended
Who "family" gathered to talk, laugh, smile and remember the good things
about John's life and music. (As we all do at these affairs, we forgot
the bad things that led to his death)

Like you, I somehow feel that the Who as we knew is no more. I have
listened to some 2002 stuff, not a great deal, and found myself singing
along in my own tuneless bawl (when you're alone in the house, bawling
tunelessly is a luxury!), but I'm afraid I still felt it wasn't ......
quite ....... the Who ... anymore.

Cheers,

John