Re: Hoy Hoy Poloi; Religion as a one liner; Ozzy's "thang" and Sting's lack thereof

I would rather have both Mark and Jeff as my friends than my enemies. It
seems as my enemies I'd have to kill them in order to stop them.

Joe:

Maybe. I'd rather be friends with everyone. I'm easy to get along with, as long as one doesn't randomly start insulting me. I've never gone into a situation to cause trouble or hurt feelings or start a fight or whatever. A misunderstanding can be identified and explained. When you come out swinging, well...then you're asking for it! Some people are looking to be offended, hence the McDonalds coffee remark. I tend to give more ground than most, the first time around. After that...my attitude reflects the Clash lyrics I quoted earlier; I'm a "trigger of the gun" type.

Joe in Philly (Married 15 years today 10/24/02 - Trying not to ASSUME)

OK, fairly impressive, but I've been married 27 years...which I recently told my wife sounds more like a jail sentence than anything else. Uh, I suggest you don't say things like that to your wife...at least that's my experience...

wit of Inspector Stoo and Judge Leaman.

I know I should call him on this stuff rather than let him get away with incorrect labeling. What exactly did I "judge?"

My heart aches when I think of John being gone.........I STILL don't want to
believe it.

Johanna:

Me too, you said it exactly as I feel it. I listen to the old stuff and can't listen to the 2002 stuff, because it only highlights that fact that he's not there. I hear everything he's not doing, if you know what I mean.

made up by sexist, oppressive men thousands of years ago.

Scott:

Especially when they're back in power again.

You're right there! There are many more people fucked up on Jesus than there are fucked up on heroin!

Isn't that a Cheech and Chong routine?

It's kinda hard *not* to misunderstand something THAT DOESN'T EXIST!!!!!

Really, is the a replay of the XTC song Dear God or what?

We're saying the same thing here.

Kevin:

Don't we always?

 While Ozzy does have that dark thang

How do YOU know how dark his "thang" is? Only Sharon knows for sure...

But, if already down, music can pin you there for a while, or worse, take
you deeper.

Music has certainly affected me. No question about that.

When I went through a particularly painful breakup back when I was 17, I
made the mistake of wrapping myself in Pink Floyd The Wall.

LAL works better, and The Clash works even better than that.

Yes. And, this is where the role of the parent/guardian/good friend comes
in.....helping the novice negotiate the dangers and things that are unsafe.

Man, that new fatherhood thing has already taken you over. Where is that old Kevin I used to know?

I'm much quicker to blame lack of parent involvement than any sort of rock
star, etc.

Have to agree, since my daughter grew up in a house filled with music and she doesn't even drink and has never been in trouble. How completely unlike me...

It's got me thinking and "seeking".

I'd say negativity got the nod, thought, overall.

Really, I'm still pissed at him for quitting The Police.

I'm not. They were getting too safe and mainstream. Side two of Synchronicity was pretty lame.

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML