Re: Who religion banter!

In a message dated 10/25/02 10:13:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Kevin.ONeal@vtmednet.org writes:

> The reaction *is* the light.
> FD and IH are a reflection of Pete's reaction.  That's what music is!

FD and IH are music, that's for sure. I really like those albums, especially
IH.  But the light I am referring to is a kind of revelation of a mystery
that is very profound, but basic to the meaning of our existence.  Pete said
lately that he can't top his pre 1976 writing for The Who.

Maybe *I* can help him. ;)

I don't claim to know what Pete saw, but I do know what I have seen and it is
strikingly similar.  The "great" albums: Tommy, Who's Next, and Quadrophenia,
are full of deep, meaningful, searching lyrics and concepts.  The content on
these albums are something that are the result of seeing something.  They are
not spacy or trippy or loose.  There is real meaning here.  "Listening to
YOU, I get..." There is that *you * again.

I'm pretty sure that my view of Tommy may be different from Pete's own view,
of course. Sometimes I think that he may not know what he stumbled upon. I
have also asked myself if I am just reading my belief into his songs.  But
there are just too many evidences and coincidences in his music for me to
give up finding out.  I know who Tommy is.

Yesterday the words of 1921 kept going through me over and over.

You didn't hear it.
You didn't see it.
You won't say nothing to no-one
Ever in your life.
You never heard it.
Oh how absurd it
All seems without any proof.
You didn't hear it.
You didn't see it.
You won't say nothing to no-one
Never tell a soul
What you know is the truth.

This is not merely the result of some of Pete's intelligence, This is
*Light*.

It is not just about a boy seeing his Mom with another man.  This is a
metaphor for The enemy threatening man.  Injecting us with the thought that
we are not significant and that we have to close up and shut up while he
destroys us until we are left deaf, dumb and blind.

There is a third level deep in man. The first is physical, to contact the
physical world.  The second is psychological, the "unseen" soul that makes up
who we are as a person. It is more mysterious, but it is undeniably there.
Deeper than the soul is the human *spirit*. This is the organ with which we
contact God and have God consciousness.  It is the radio receiver. It is the
switch. We all have one just like we all have a soul. But somebody told us
that we were deaf dumb and blind and we believed it.

The soul has logic.  It demands something concrete. We will get light when
our soul becomes subject to our spirit. This happens when we use our free
will to choose to do so.

I can't see songs going through the air, but the radio catches them and plays
them through the receiver -This is just something that man made. Man is much
more complex than a radio!  There is much more going on than we realize, so I
will be a bit of a pest and say it out loud.

Jon in Mi.

Jon in Mi.