Pete, God and Jon

> Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:16:54 EDT
> From: Keithjmoon70@aol.com
> Subject: Re: A simple statement from this male.  An a "long" one from this
one.

> Pete knows deep inside that there should be some kind of universal
"oneness."
>  He still knows this as evidenced by what Ray High stated at the end of
PD.

> Pete looked up.  He saw something.  He was much broader and open. He
wasn't
> proud, but honest.  He wasn't using his God-given wit to explain away the
> very God that created Him!  He thought that rock was what made us one.
Then
> he honestly admitted that it wasn't. But he got a *glimpse* of something
that
> he couldn't explain to others!

Terrific insight.  Bravo.

> There is a universal current that is there and if our switch is "off" we
will
> not receive the benefit of it's power.  You can argue with this, but no
one
> will ever convince me with "facts" taken from a sliver of information by
> people that do not know the *whole* story that try to sum up the entire
> history of the universe.  The puzzle piece may be red and you can prove
that,

I usually refer to that universal current as love.  I have to keep things
simple, being a pondscum turd cockroach and all ;-)

> I am not that smart anyhow,

I'm going to disagree with you here.  I think you are smart enough to
express your deepest beliefs clearly and concisely.  That takes some gray
matter.

> *Who* got Pete off of Heroin? Who stopped him from killing himself?  What
> power got him off of the bottle?  I want to know this.

I hope we will get some insight into this when his book is published and he
is (hopefully) able to create some music with Roger.  I would also expect
Pete to continue to create after that.

> she went on the road with him? The first thing she told him when she saw
him
> was that he needed to meet Jesus.  My hero.  What shocked me and made me
> dance was his response.  He said "I know I do, but I don't know where to
find
> Him."  KEITH MOON said this!  Then came the temporary success with his
> problem. I believe that his soul was saved there. What mercy. I believe He
> may have received the Life into him that *conquered* everything that
tortured
> him. But later he turned the switch back off.

Do you think Keith was being serious?  I'm not being a smart-ass here.

> My announcement is that heroin is
> *no* match for Jesus. It has been thoroughly proven to me so many times
that
> I laugh when people suggest it is just a coincidence or superstition.

Wow, Jon.
It took some real guts to say that here.  It really did.  APPLAUSE!

> help in his final moments.  I know this because after my wife left me for
> another man after 10 years and three kids,  I was depressed to the point
that
> I actually had a loaded gun barrel in my mouth...  Then I called on His
name.
>  Somebody saved me.  I was instantly sober.

This took my breath away.
What a testimony!

> After the "bomb"
> went off, in my depressed state I ended up marrying the only one that I
> thought could identify with me and match me. I believed my first wife's
> evaluation of me at that point, that I was worthless. But I was not.

Ahh...a beautiful happy ending.  Fantastic.

> Not the forum for this kind of talk? I agree in part that is why I avoid
it.
> But some things need to be discussed at least once.

Who defines what this forum is for?  We seem to get off The Who topic on a
regular basis.  You needn't apologize, in my opinion.

> Thanks for reading

Thanks for writing.  That was beautiful.
Your still waters do run deep :-D

Jeff