Re: Insane Cobain and dealing with the noble

Now, just try to imagine Kurt Cobain singing all of QUADROPHENIA
live on stage. Or all of TOMMY.

Scott:

Dude...it couldn't have been put better! Tip `O the hat to you.

that. this is just my opinion. what do you think?

Joel:

You're correct about Grunge and hair bands. I laughed at the hair bands, when they came out. Like "if you need to do all of THAT to entertain..." when The Who just came out and rocked. Then, too, the hair metal bands were cookie cutter types...they all sounded like Randy Rhodes and Eddie Van Halen wannabes. But I don't necessarily give credit to Cobain for Grunge. And yes, I think two albums is a correct number for Nirvana...and Foo Fighters, too. I give more credit to Vedder...Nirvana just got popular first, that's all. It's like they were The Beatles and PJ was The Who. Uh...does that make Alice In Chains The Stones? Maybe...and Soundgarden The Kinks...yeah... Anyway, my beef with Cobain is simply that he took the coward's way out. You know what Joe Strummer said: "When they kick down your front door/How you gonna come/With your hands on your head/Or on the trigger of your gun..." He went out with hands behind his head.

As I reluctantly revealed earlier, my own wife is a heroin addict.

Jon:

You know, I've just got to say since you brought it up again...you're a better man than I expect I'll ever be. I don't think I could handle that. I'd like to think one day, but...you're there now. It boggles the mind, really. You get a lot of credit in my book.

heroin is *no* match for Jesus.

Like you, I'm no fan of organized religion nor even of a particular sect, but...whatever works! If that works for you, good for you having found something!

evaluation of me at that point, that I was worthless.

No one should ever say that. Don't you believe it if they do.

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML