Re: A simple statement from this male. An a "long" one from this one.

In a message dated 10/24/02 10:30:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Kevin.ONeal@vtmednet.org writes:

> I think the bullseye in this case is on the wrong end of the bull.

Clever, yes.  Right? Maybe not.  To be creative you have to be inspired and
encouraged.  You have to believe and "see" something.  Pete saw something way
back then.  That is why those albums had such a great impact.  There may be
some songs from a gifted writer and band on FD and IH but I don't see much
light.  I mainly see a reaction. And the keeping of his part in the record
deal while stumbling after Keith's death while drunken blind.

Pete knows deep inside that there should be some kind of universal "oneness."
 He still knows this as evidenced by what Ray High stated at the end of PD.
John Lennon had the same thought in "Imagine." The difference is that John's
oneness was just in his imagination and he actually thought that *we* could
do it by ourselves , ignoring the possibility that there is a God.

Pete looked up.  He saw something.  He was much broader and open. He wasn't
proud, but honest.  He wasn't using his God-given wit to explain away the
very God that created Him!  He thought that rock was what made us one.  Then
he honestly admitted that it wasn't. But he got a *glimpse* of something that
he couldn't explain to others!

There is a universal current that is there and if our switch is "off" we will
not receive the benefit of it's power.  You can argue with this, but no one
will ever convince me with "facts" taken from a sliver of information by
people that do not know the *whole* story that try to sum up the entire
history of the universe.  The puzzle piece may be red and you can prove that,
but it belongs to a picture that may be of something totally different and
much more marvelous. The proof is all around us, but we have our concepts
that make it of no effect to us.  But one thing is for sure, there is a
picture!  Put the piece where it belongs and you may see something.

I am not using sarcasm here.  I am not that smart anyhow, but to use sarcasm
and criticism to close other people to finding out why we were born, is just
arrogant. I am not talking to anyone in particular here, so just bear with
me! ;)

*Who* got Pete off of Heroin? Who stopped him from killing himself?  What
power got him off of the bottle?  I want to know this.  It is my right to
know this.  Who stopped the demons that drove Keith for the period that he
listened to Meg Patterson when he played drums better without *them* while
she went on the road with him? The first thing she told him when she saw him
was that he needed to meet Jesus.  My hero.  What shocked me and made me
dance was his response.  He said "I know I do, but I don't know where to find
Him."  KEITH MOON said this!  Then came the temporary success with his
problem. I believe that his soul was saved there. What mercy. I believe He
may have received the Life into him that *conquered* everything that tortured
him. But later he turned the switch back off.

As I reluctantly revealed earlier, my own wife is a heroin addict. She
started when she was 14 and she is now 35. My announcement is that heroin is
*no* match for Jesus. It has been thoroughly proven to me so many times that
I laugh when people suggest it is just a coincidence or superstition.

The reason for my rant is not to push some religion off on all of you.  I
hope that these few years have shown that I am not one of those types.  I
hate religion.  I hate it because God hates it. It is a false account of Him
and his intention that makes people proud and arrogant. It is a counterfeit
that causes people not to believe in God.  It is also very boring.  Creation
itself proves that Whoever created it is not boring!  Michaelangelo's
paintings are great, but they just cause me to appreciate Michaelangelo.

There is no pain like being misunderstood and no one has been misunderstood
more than the true God.

 It is rather plain for me to see that Kurt Cobain did not go to this One for
help in his final moments.  I know this because after my wife left me for
another man after 10 years and three kids,  I was depressed to the point that
I actually had a loaded gun barrel in my mouth...  Then I called on His name.
 Somebody saved me.  I was instantly sober.

I am a very positive person and  as a young man, scoffed at people that
committed suicide and thought of them as weak and selfish. After the "bomb"
went off, in my depressed state I ended up marrying the only one that I
thought could identify with me and match me. I believed my first wife's
evaluation of me at that point, that I was worthless. But I was not. My
present wife thought that of herself to the core and lived a life reacting to
that belief. She is exactly like Pete's friend that died last January.

Then somebody told her that she is not worthless. That she is not
insignificant. That He will undo everything that was done *to* her and give
her nothing less than Himself. And she believed Him.  This person is Jesus.
This is not doctrine to me.  Her life is *drasticly* different. So is mine. I
don't want to make this any longer personally.  But I am left humbled and
profoundly amazed-daily. I also know why all of this happened.

Not the forum for this kind of talk? I agree in part that is why I avoid it.
But some things need to be discussed at least once.

I believe that Kurt Cobain "believed" in his *feelings* and reacted to them.
I don't blame him in this regard.  I do blame him for leaving his daughter
fatherless. Others are affected by what we do. That is the reason I am
revealing this secret to you guys. If Kurt had heard and believed in the
"fact," salvation would have been his experience. This is one of the greatest
principles we will ever hear.

Thanks for reading

Jon in Mi