Re: Music as an influence; Cobain rhymes with "insane"; Dealing with the hoi poloi

music. The feelings it can conjure. I don't think anyone believes that
music can make someone kill themselves like Ozzy being accused of having a

Kevin:

I dunno...we ARE talking about Ozzy here. Seriously, the only person Ozzy's music hurt was Ozzy. Anyone who can be influenced by music to do something rotten can be equally influenced by a book, movie, TV show, conversation...IOW, the kid is nuts! And to ban anything that might possibly a long time ago in a galaxy far far away make someone stub his or her toe...is also nuts. I don't want to live in a world made safe for three year olds. A little danger here, please! A little risk! Waiter, waiter! Besides, why is it only the negative effect, huh? Why didn't Who music make everyone go out and become a Baba follower, if there's so much influence to go around? And BTW, the several Baba followers I've met are extremely nice and intelligent people...if you're gonna have a religion, it's not a bad choice.

And a side note to Lew aka AEB: I'm with you on this one, too. Cobain was no genius. He was a mediocre writer and a poor singer. Best on Bleach, because it's raw and uncomplicated it works. But no rational, sane human puts a gun in his mouth and pulls the trigger. Unless the theory it was Courtney Love is true, in which case "Sorry, Kurt." Eddie Vedder, now...at least he had one incredible album in him!

Now kids who does this one better?

Helen:

The Stones, easily. Our boys seem a bit stiff on their version. The Who didn't even have Entwistle for that one, how good could they be...oops! Am I straying once again into a dangerous subject?

ML suggested: "I invite you to put your crusade against Mc and subsequent
events I have described into "context" since you claim I haven't, or admit
that I was reporting accurately."

Thanks for the offer.
I'll pass.

Jeff:

Yes...your reply gives me the picture of a cockroach scuttling for cover when the light comes on. Your Who image is now secure for all future meetings with other fans, as I officially dub thee the Who cockroach. And now, in regard to the importance you place on your standing in the Who community, here's your lyric for the day (and I'm sure you'll see the significance): "When you just can't get any higher/You use your senses to suss out this week's climber/And the small fame that you've aquired/Has brought you cult status but to me you're still a collector/There's tarts and whores but you're much more/You're a different kind cause you want their minds..." The Jam

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML