Re: Cobain Disses Pete in New Book

Entertainment Weekly

TUESDAY, October 22, 2002

        All Apologies

Cobain's journals reveal years of suicidal torment. The Nirvana frontman's
diaries contain his thoughts on drugs, stardom, Courtney, and his desire to
put himself out of his misery by Gary Susman

Still, Cobain felt like he'd betrayed his core fans by signing a major-label
record deal and becoming famous. In a 1992 open letter to his fans, which he
never released, he wrote, ''Oh Pleez GAWD I can't handle the success! The
success! And I feel so incredibly guilty! For abandoning my true comrades who
were the ones who are devoted who were into us a few years ago. And in 10
years when NIRVANA becomes as memorable as Kajagoogoo that same very small
percent will come to see us at reunion gigs sponsored by Depends diapers,
bald fat still trying to RAWK at amusement parks. Saturdays: puppet show,
rollercoaster & Nirvana...'' He concluded, ''Hope I die before I turn into
Pete Townshend.''

    I guess he got what he wished for......

Sicilianmother