Re: Cobain Disses Pete in New Book

Hay, it's only a comment about a person that said "I
hope I die before I get old" and don't die and get
old, very old, and stay in business playing old music
to old people. That's all. And, AND, the person that
criticized him dies before getting old, so he,
unfortunately, has had authority to do it, and he did,
indeed. So, we have to live with that, because it is
basically true. And, after all, it is only business,
rock and roll business, but business. "Live the new
boss, just the same as the old boss"

p.s.: Pete is live, thanks God.

--- "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us>
escreveu: > Re:  The '89 Tour

> > > Schrade said "Most damaging tour The Who ever
> undertook, IMO.
> > > Wiped away thousands from their fan base.  No
> more stadiums tours
> > > after that!"
>
> Housing Unit asked:
>
> > What did that do to the legacy?
> > What did Cobain do to the legacy?
> > What is a legacy?
>
> The '89 tour showed Who fans that The Who couldn't
> go out as a 5-piece
> band & play their music anymore.  It showed Who fans
> that Pete's hear-
> ing was irreparably damaged.  It showed Who fans
> that the band had lost
> all of their ferociousness.  It showed Who fans that
> what made Who shows
> enjoyable & threatening was irretrievably gone.  And
> by the time 1999/2000
> rolled around, most had already lost faith.  Won't
> get fooled again, etc.
>
> Cobain's "unearthed" comment is just the latest in
> examples of how The
> Who (or in this case, Pete) is perceived by many
> Rock fans:  A fake, a
> sell out, a wanker.  Insincere, greedy, shallow.
> And the legions of
> Nirvana/Cobain freaks will now read that comment &
> come to the same con-
> clusion, based on their hero's misguided opinion.
> And finally, when
> these legions enter their favorite CD store, they'll
> head to the Zeppelin
> section, avoiding at all costs that bullshit, wanker
> Who music.  Nice,
> isn't it?
>
> A legacy is a movie starring Roger Daltrey.  Oh, I'm
> sorry.  That's *The*
> Legacy.  I'm sure you know what a legacy is, Jeff.
> To me, in the Who's
> case, it's how the band & it's output, live &
> studio, is perceived by a
> majority of the Rock-consuming public.  Their
> triumphs & failures.  Hits
> & misses.  And the thing that irks me is that their
> failures seem to be
> overshadowing their triumphs.  But it's an ongoing
> battle.  The remast-
> ered MY GENERATION album is getting some real nice,
> positive reviews.
> Maybe that'll help negate Kurt Cobain's nasty
> comment.
>
> I just want as many humans on this planet as
> possible to get turned onto
> the Who's music.  Why should I care?  Because
> they're fucking brilliant,
> that's why.  I tell people about good restaurants,
> too.
>

> - SCHRADE in Akron

Yahoo! GeoCities
Tudo para criar o seu site: ferramentas faceis de usar, espago de sobra e acesssrios.
http://br.geocities.yahoo.com/