Who moment this weekend

hi gang, this is just something I wanted to share.
On saturday night, had a solo gig. These tend to pay better than band gigs but the strain usually starts to set in after the 2nd set. It's times like these you wish you had a drummer behind you so you had some room to move, y'know? Anyway, gigs like this are mostly covers. Play the hits, classics. There's always room for any Beatles, TV themes, comedy songs, whatever. I like to mix it up, I also take requests. Saturday, midway thru the 3rd set (round' midnight) someone screams out for the Who. thank god.
"What should I play by the Who?" I said into the mic.
"MAGIC BUS", screamed 3 drunks in unison.
Oh christ, I thought. 8 minutes of A, right? I can't remember the last time I played this at a gig but what the hell, it's three chords. Anyway, I start it up and when I get to the first line "Everyday I get in the cue...." about 25 people screamed back at me:
"TOO MUCH, MACIC BUS"! (well a few of them said TOO MUCH. I'm not sure what the other ones were saying ;) but they were singing MAGIC BUS none the less)
I'm sure I looked visibly shocked at their sudden participation but I carried on. It was one of those times that you feel the hairs on your arm standing up. I was giggling and shit. They kept singing the refrain throughout the whole song and anyone whos ever done the regular saturday night solo acoustic bar gig knows that doesn't happen too often. Anyway, power of the Who. It was a great moment. anyway, my name is andy and I'm a Whofreak. What a pain in the ass that windmill is on acoustic.
peace

andy

ps - for you fellow freaks, I modeled saturdays version on Petes 1993 Brooklyn Academy encore. "I got a kinda migrain..."

"I don't talk to musicians...
they might influence me."
- Pete Townshend
Mansfield, Mass 7/26/2002