very clever

Yesterday ML:  "Yes, always the insult when you have nothing substantial to
say. That's a great way to make a point, chum."  and "Sharing information is
what this list is all about."

He shared the following information today:  "But I forgot...you're the
anti-troll who became a troll. You want to disrupt this list, you don't like
it as you told me in dozens of exchanges. "A toilet bowl with a turd in it,"
I believe you called it. You created a second EMail address to
disrupt things (Buck). You had decided to go on a crusade to rid the list of
people you didn't want on it (you decide these things yet somehow I am the
"self-important" one trying to be a "leader" of the list). I guess that
makes it pretty clear who the "turd" is after all."

A very clever spin.  Mark should run for office.  He would have a great
future.

The great thing about this is that there's just enough truth in it to make
the conclusions seem valid to the casual reader. The motivations that Mark
assigns to me are truly astonishing creations.  They are lies.  Mark doesn't
know me.  He doesn't know my motivations.  He is wrong.

On an historical note, he's removed the context of all the incidents cited
(including his role in them).  He calls me a "troll" and a "turd" after
accusing me of insulting him.  It does make the head spin.

Let me explain why refuting these lies matters to me.  It matters because I
go to concerts.  I meet people who read the "information" that is on this
list.  Perfectly pleasant strangers have asked me to discuss some of the
riduculous things that have been said about me and others in this and other
forums.  I feel that it is better to try to flush this stuff when it is
fresh than to have to discuss it when there are better and more pleasant
things to discuss.  I will continue to do my best to flush when it seems
necessary to me.

Of course there is a element of fun as well ;-)

Jeff