Re: Eminem and Roger

In a message dated 10/20/02 12:30:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
whocasa@adelphia.net writes:

> It has been established that Mark Leaman knows music better than Roger
> Daltrey.

I just wanted to run that by Mark first to see if it was O.K. if I liked or
not. I don't trust my own judgment anymore.  Or my experience. ;)

Seriously though, It is good to have experience, but not to use it to
establish some sort of superiority over others. I like The Who and Pete and
Roger because they hit this issue right from the start. Like, yeah, I'm
young, but who are you old man to look down your nose at me?

That is what I dig about their attitudes even in their late 50's. "I look and
the kids on the street today, strutting their stuff and looking that way and
I think to myself..They're O.K. They're Alright." They have seen everything
from waaaaaaay back and still they remember to respect others as important.
Old is a state of mind. I have seen a lot of old young people and I have also
seen a lot of young old people.

To use your experience to hold yourself above others is a good indicator that
you are getting old.

Jon in Mi.