[no subject]

U2's The Edge Says The Who Can Continue In Any Manner
It Pleases

(10/17/02, 12 p.m. ET) -- Count U2 guitarist the Edge
among those who think that Pete Townshend and Roger
Daltrey should be able to continue working together.

Townshend's recent post on his website
(petetownshend.com) saying that he wants to continue
writing and recording with Daltrey--but not
necessarily as the Who--has resurrected the debate
about whether the two men should have continued on
after the death of bassist John Entwistle. Townshend
and Daltrey surprised the music world by kicking off
their summer North American outing just a few days
after Entwistle's June 27 death in his Las Vegas hotel
room.

Most musicians' comments have been supportive of their
decision, and weighing in on that side now is the
Edge, who tells LAUNCH that he feels Townshend and
Daltrey have the right to continue in any manner they
wish. "I think if it works for them, if they really
think it's still happening, then I'm certainly not
gonna second-guess them. And I'm sure, knowing them,
that they really did feel that it was the right thing
to do. I think it's valid. It's not the same band, but
they continued when they lost Keith (Moon), so why
not?"

U2 bassist Adam Clayton inducted the Who into the Rock
And Roll Hall Of Fame on January 17, 1990.

-- Gary Graff, Detroit

=====
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!