Re: LfL Deluxe update

Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:13:41 -0400
From: "Richard Beal" <rjbeal@maine.rr.com>

Great news Alan.  Is 11/12 still the release date?  Will it be sold in Best
Buy/Circuit City type stores or just on the web site?
It'll be for sale on the Website and amazon.com is now taking pre-orders. tower.com is also taking pre-orders but be advised THEIR TRACK LISTING IS WRONG (or was, the last I looked) so I wouldn't necessarily trust their quoted price, either. I'd expect it to be available at brick-n-morter outlets as well but I don't have any definite word on that.

Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 13:31:53 -0400
From: "O'Neal, Kevin W." <Kevin.ONeal@vtmednet.org>
 >Steve Luongo reports that the final master tapes for Left for Live
Deluxe are to be turned in today.
Steve says,
"This is beyond music, this is WEATHER" -- and I'm sure he means
stormy weather at that.
Any tracks from VT???
They really seemed to enjoy it here.
From what Steve said, it was his favorite show in 2001
After he selected the basic performance to use, Steve did patching/editing as necessary to fix a bum note or get a good take of a phrase. There's essentially no chance I'll ever get a full accounting of what he did. If you want to figure out what came from where you'll have to have lots of boots to compare to, and lots of time on your hands. Personally I'd love a complete listing of exactly what came from where, down to the 1-second patches, but I doubt that'll ever see the light of day. The only track origin I konw for sure is on Leeft For Live, the original 1-CD release, and that is that the first two tracks came from Oklahoma City, 1998. Of course, those performances may or may not have been used on Deluxe.

Cheers,
--
Alan
R. I. P. Ox