Re: Who Sell Out (not) with '03 Greatest Hits Tour?

David, re

> > While I understand Pete not wanting to go to John's memorial
> > service, it creates a bit of sticky wicket for him from a PR
> > standpoint. My guess is that almost the entire Who family will be
> > there including band members, roadies, management, etc. Pete will be
> > conspicuous by his absence

My guess is he will be there.

> > probably roasted in the English press.

They won't know about it. Unless the stripper turns up in which case
they'll be there in droves and won't care if Pete is or isn't there.

> > After all, in 2000, he agreed to tour so John could avoid debtor's
> > prison As most of us know, Mr. Townshend has been known to change
> > his mind once or twice.

I do hope you, and everyone else on this list, realises that there is no
such thing as "Debtor's prison" in the UK anymore? This was just Pete's
hyperbolic way of saying John owed a lot of money.

Cheers,

John