Pete's diary entry

I am very happy that it sounds as if Pete and Roger will attempt something.  Whether they consider it worthy of being a Who album or not doesn't really concern me.  If Pete and Roger can collaborate on good songs and release an album as "Townshend and Daltrey," I won't be any less excited about it.  Of course a new Who would provide more mass attention, but if they really feel that they can't be adequately creative as The Who, then so be it.  We have such a mass of amazing music from the Who, that I don't think anyone here really "needs" new Who.  Let's be honest, the most integral parts of Who studio work were Townshend's songs and Roger's voice.  Those elements will be there.  I also think that Zak and Rabbit should play on the album.  Here is my suggestion (for what it is worth), if Pete and Roger can create an album they feel worthy of release:

Release the album but don't put a band name to it.  Name the album and just release it under the album name.  We can take it for what it's worth.

mc