+

Jon from MI said: "The wisdom in the new words  in each version of TKAA by
Pete lets me know that he still has alot to say.  Important things.  I will
be there to here it and I will not be wearing a scientist coat with a pad
and paper shaking my head."

So true.  Like you said, they are still alive and have something to say.  I
think it is a good thing that we are having this discussion, because we will
see more Who in the future and we will hear the crusty old farts saying
'bah-humbug' just like we are now.  Expect it - they are sharpening their
arguments right now.  I'm not talking about the anti-legacy press conspiracy
here.  I'm talking about the crusty old fart fans like Mark.

Personally, I'll probably loose interest in all this discussion when they
cease to function as a creative unit.  I guess there's another reason for
Mark to argue that they should shut down ;-)

"...They have poured themselves out, both of them with equal ferocity and
the other members could not have done a better job at what they are doing
while at the same time
staying out of the way. What a balancing act!  Pino did his thing and didn't
try to replace the man and grab the spotlight like a fool, but he did rock
his ass off and support the music. Zak is an extaordinary masterful
brilliant genius- in the words of  Townshend (now didn't that sound a little
cold using his last name there?) ;)  and he is worth the price of admission
alone.  He comes across great on the encore cd's too."

Wasn't it incredible?!?!  It really was a rock-and-roll wake of the first
order.  I've never witnessed anything quite like it.  Extraordinary.

I've been listening to the Jones Beach show today and it is flat out
brilliant.  Toward the end of the MG jam Pete slowed things down with an
acoustic-sounding chord vamp while the others plinked along.  He softly sang
a few lines about John, where he refers to John's lifestyle and his death.
He then goes into that thrashy chord sequence that we first heard in 2000
and Roger wails back into the "It's still My Generation!" deal.  They thrash
through that and go straight into a whomping WGFA.  Great stuff.  All good.
No bad.  No legacy. No standard.  Just pure, unadulterated joy of being
alive and having the talent that God gave them.

Did I mention that Simon uses a wah-wah early in the jam, and that they did
a "Naked Eye" teaser?  Wow.  It really is great stuff.

I'll now admit that there was a point during the 2nd Boston show (during
"Sea and Sand" - before I made it down front) where I was grooving along
with Pino.  For a few minutes I thought "Fuck Mark Leaman".  That phrase
went through my mind several times.  I should have thanked Mark for that.
It was a fun moment :-)

Jeff