Re: I second that motion

Your tone suggests we're idiots for even considering such matters. Like
we're foolishly waisting our time when all we really have to do is sit back,
enjoy, & accept the music we're given.

Scott:

Yeah, it's a "no standards" approach I can't live with.

Certainly not. And you have a very sharp memory.

Jon:

Not to mention tongue.

We have to be careful with our semantics here. "Going through the
motions" to me implies very obvious lack of interest & effort.

Scott:

Ah, well see what I mean by "going through the motions" is playing the song without passion. It's like "OK, we HAVE to do this one..."

So, to answer your question, Mark, no, I didn't see any evidence of the
band "going through the motions" in Atlanta in 2000.

There you are!

And IMO, Daltrey hasn't gone through the motions in *anything* he's at-
tempted during his life. He wouldn't know the meaning of the phrase.

Well, he CAN'T really. But there have to have been times when he wished he didn't have to sing "this" song.

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML
faith.yahoo.com