Who Coats & Cheetahs

> Scott also wrote:
> > I wore my mod overcoat...that I made in college...
> I'd love to see this.  Most people think guys that sew are
> sissies.

I should've been a bit clearer.  I didn't *make* my Who trench
coat, I just decorated an existing trench & turned it into a
Who trench coat.  I have a few talents but one of them *isn't*
sewing.  ;-)

> I used to make cloths out of flags when I was in college

What are you...a sissy or something?  ;-)  Actually, I've been
known to wear a little eyeliner on occasion.  Beat that, sissy!  ;-)

> > he introduced himself as Cheetah.
> How did he get that nickname?  I think nicknames suck when the
> person gives it to them self.

Well, my Rock & Roll encyclopedia friend Curtis, who was there when
I met Cheetah Chrome from the Dead Boys, thought for sure he got
his nickname from the Stooges song "Search & Destroy" which contains
the line "I'm a street-walkin' cheetah with a heart full of napalm."

When we asked Cheetah, he said that was incorrect.  He got the nick-
name because, as a youngster, he was always running from the cops!

So there ya' go!

- SCHRADE in Akron