Re: Accuracy in reporting

So now he's been reduced to being called "Daltrey"?
Jon:

I'm not trying to "reduce" him to anything; I've always gone between calling him "Rog" and "Daltrey," same with the others. Roger Daltrey was one of the greatest Rock singers of all time, and his voice lasted about 20 years longer than Robert Plant's (for one). But, to be fair, who could expect him to keep it up forever? Even in 1985 (Live Aid) he couldn't do "the scream" (end of WGFA). I'd give him an 80% of his voice rating in 2000, 75% in 2002 (although by the end of the show it's getting ragged, as in the case of MG from Detroit).
I am trying to be fair and completely accurate. I can step outside my "Who fandom" to see what's what. I think that's a good thing, because when someone says "Daltrey is still GREAT" and a non-fan hears him as not-great, it's going to weaken any credibility the fan may have.
I'm just not a "either with us or against us" kind of guy. Each instance is going to have different factors, and they should be taken into account. Some have said Detroit was a "warm up" show and not a good example of the tour. That may be. I have also heard Shoreline. However, I am obligated to say these are the shows I'm using as an example, these and no others.

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML
faith.yahoo.com