Re: New new guardians of the legacy

>Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 20:32:08 -0400
>From: "Jeff House" <whocasa@adelphia.net>
>Subject: New new guardians of the legacy
>
>http://www.sanctuarygroup.com/artists/livenews.cfm?section_id=4&id=313
>
>So...do y'all think this team do any better than the old team?
>
>Jeff

This appears to be a "golden parachute" merger to me.  I don't even
pretend to know the details, but based on appearance alone, it
looks like a sweet payoff for Curbishley.   He's obviously in the
twilight of his career and probably wants to cash in his chips.

Let's hope there are some people there with vision and enthusiasm,
and not just milk pails.

I can picture the Who catalog being crated up and placed in a dark warehouse
(insert video clip at tail end of "Raiders of the Lost Ark").

Scott wrote:
>Nobody gives a fuck about The Who but us.

Somehow this rang a bell inside me and set me free of feeling
BAD or DOWN about the current situation with The Who.    Perhaps
I am now in the acceptance phase?

Scott also wrote:
>I wore my mod overcoat...that I made in college...

I'd love to see this.  Most people think guys that sew are
sissies.   I used to make cloths out of flags when
I was in college (I worked at a flag factory for a while), and I
was not into The Who at the time.

A very big Who fan named Jay Jones (now living in the Myrtle Beach area
- are you out there Jay?) noticed my flag pants and
commented that Pete Townshend and The Who wore flag jackets and such.

This was in 1981 or 82.  I have been a Who fan since his introduction.
Now I was not deaf to their music, but I was oblivious to the deeper
meaning of the lyrics, or not very attentive to the genius
of the goings on in their music and Pete's writing.

I don't see or hear from Jay very often, but he did send me his Rolling
Stone issue with them on the cover from that era.  I believe the
title was "The End of The Who".

>Urinal discussions can be awkward if they go on too long.

You're telling me!  LOL.

>he introduced himself as Cheetah.

How did he get that nickname?  I think nicknames suck when the person
gives it to them self.

Joe in Philly
Joe Lewinski
ICANON Associates, Inc.
Phone: 610-313-1850 x 115
Fax: 610-313-1848

NEWZware is a product of ICANON Inc. - Visit our web site at
http://www.icanon.com/ for more information on ICANON, the company, and its
suite of products and services.