Re: Kurt Cobain (no Who)

> Neither does Pete Townshend.  That is why we have all of these deep,
> searching lyrics that blow every other rock band away. I dare you to
> listen to Love, Reign O'er Me or Bargain and argue otherwise.

What would I be arguing?  All you did was confirm my viewpoint.  Humans
demand answers & purpose.  Pete is a human.  Pete searches for answers.
How could I argue against that?

> Ever peel a banana that doesn't have seams? Of course not.

Ever read a book on evolution & natural selection?  Of course not.

> How did it get that way? They taste good and are good for us as well.
> That is not an accident.

No it isn't.  Evolution & natural selection have had millions of years
make the banana into what it is today.  I thank Nature for that.  Not
some Deity sitting at a workbench up in the clouds somewhere.

> Our face was definately "designed".

Yep, by evolution, mutation, & natural selection.

> Our eyes are on top with these lids that protect them and eyebrows
> above that serve as breakwaters for sweat as well as for expression.
> The nose is right-side down and above the mouth.  It keeps rain out
> and smells the food that we eat for enhanced enjoyment.

Again, all because of evolution, mutation, & natural selection.

Why did God give men nipples?  When's the last time *you* breast fed
anybody?  Why did God give us toes?  When's the last time *you* clutched
a tree branch with your foot?  Did God fuck up?  Was he drunk?  Practical
joker, is he?

> Every face is different even though there are billions of people!
> I will give you random here.  What kind of imagination could ever
> pull this off?

But why does it have to be someone's design or "imagination" that's
needed to pull that off.  This planet is 4 1/2 BILLION years old.
Imagine that for a second.  Nature's had plenty of time to work her magic.
No creator or designer is needed.

> I could go on and on but to suggest that we invented  God is ignoring
> the obvious.

What "obvious?"  I see no evidence of God around me.  Why must the wonders
of Nature be credited to a creator?  I'll tell you why:  Because humans
can't accept the fact they are just tiny insignificant organisms, stuck
on a planet, near a life-giving star, in a completely unspecial part of
the universe.  We believe we're too special for that.  But we're not.

> That is really being deaf, dumb and blind. An eye sees.  Close your
> eyes and you will not see anything.

Who's closing their eyes?  Not me!  The religious are the ones who have
their eyes shut, refusing to accept the evidence before them.

> That is not being arrogant to seek out the facts with the proper
> senses that we have built into our being.

No, you're right.  But that's called SCIENCE!  Science means using your
senses via *observation* & *experimentation* in order to *discover*
Nature's methods & secrets.  It doesn't accept "facts" contained in a two-
thousand year old book, written by men in an unscientific age.  Science
says, "Sod that!  I'll check for myself!"

> I ceratainly agree with you about all of the space ships and conspiracy
> theories etc.  I don't believe in Santa Claus either.

Why?  There's just as much evidence for Santa Claus as there is for God.
Maybe more!

> But I am not so sure about -wherever there's a hang-up you'll find a
> Spiderman. I've had alot of hangups and he hasn't showed up yet, but
> I did see him on T.V.

You lost me here.  I'm more of a D.C. guy.  Not Marvel.  ;-)

- SCHRADE in Akron