Re: Stones on 60 minutes

In a message dated Sat, 5 Oct 2002 8:53:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:
> Stones get segment on 60 minutes, and coverage on evening news.> (Stones rehearsed 140 songs and change the set list nightly.> Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......)> > Nothin' for The Who.> Even when there is agreement that The Who steals the show at CFNY, and made a> bold emotional connection with viewers, there's nothing.  > No national> recognition via articles or coverage or anything.
I must say I started screaming when I saw part of the 60 min piece on the Rolling Stones.  60 minutes used to be cutting edge, the show everyone emulated.  But here they have shown that playing it safe is the new order of the day over at CBS.  The fucking Stones have had a million pieces done on them on TV, including on 60 minutes in the early 90s with Ed Bradley following Mick Jagger around (including in N.O. when Jagger walked the streets with a Jazz band).  The compelling story would have been to follow the Who on tour, showing the amazing performances Pete and Roger still can dish out at their ages, plus the human side as they deal with the loss of a dear friend and founding band member the day before the tour was to open.  That would have been great TV... not the Rolling Stones yet AGAIN!  60 min has gone mainstream, and it disappoints me.  They REALLY missed the boat on this one.Now it is possible they asked the Who if they could do the piece on them, and Pete and Roger refused, but I think that's not likely.
mc