Kurt Cobain (no Who)

Scott, re:
Yeah, wasn't there a book written that said El Duce from The Mentors

killed him or had him killed? And then, mysteriously, El Duce himself
died a short time later. And implications that Courtney Love was involved.

El Duce had said that he was approached with an offer to kill him, at the apparent behest of Courtney Love and he did die shortly after telling his story.
I think it's rubbish.

I agree with you about the El Duce story.
Didn't Cobain escape from rehab, disappear for a few days, buy a shotgun, & then wind up dead? Sounds like a suicide to me.

People write crazy shit all the time. Books on the reality of angels,
books that say we never landed men on the moon, books on alien abductions, etc., etc. People love a good conspiracy.

Well, if you look at the JFK case for example...anyone who doesn't know that was a conspiracy is not familiar with the facts of the case. It may sound crazy to you but its all a question of mindset. Are you saying that no one has ever been abducted by aliens? Thats not too easy to dismiss.

Usually, you can use a nice tool called Occam's Razor to wade through all that bullshit. Basically, it says that the simplest explanation is probably the correct one.

I'm aware of that theory and it is correct most of the time. There is always the exception.
However, interestingly, you state that it's easier to be-

lieve that Cobain was murdered rather than committed suicide. How so?

Too many details to go into on this list...e-mail me if you're really interested in some evidence. For instance, the official explanation is that Kurt Cobain wrote a suicide note (in two different sets of handwriting, therefore he was not the sole author), shot up triple the lethal dose of heroin, put his kit away, neatly rolled his sleeve down, picked up a shot gun, aimed and shot himself in the face. Then he somehow managed to wipe the weapon clean of prints. Plus, no one can say where the rifle was in relation to the body. By most accounts, it was leaning up against the wall. Why anyone would want to kill him and leave so many clues is a question that I cannot answer.
peace
andy

"I don't talk to musicians...
they might influence me."