Re: AQO stereo update and the merchandising thereof

Mark told me privately that even the date on the new stereo version is the
old date of the original mid 90's re-release.

Scott:

Exactly right. I can see absolutely no difference between the two. However, why not explain the situation and ask if you can have a listen. As I said, you'll know as soon as the RRR vocals start.

He also told me privately
that he thinks I'm cute, but that's between me & Mark, so butt out.

(choke!) What Mark are you talking about??? No man alive (or dead) is "cute." Not to me. Nothing personal.

So why the secrecy & lack of promotion for this unique stereo release? What
could that possibly accomplish besides weakening the sales?

I have to wonder about that, myself. It seems with the (announced) release of the stereo mix of MG, this would have been a nice add-on ("Both mono Who albums now finally released in remastered stereo" or something along those lines). I understood their reasoning, when the stereo masters were found, that they didn't think another release right after the first one would be profitable, but THIS is no way to make any money with it! Who would even know, except those of us online? I only found out because someone told me privately. So, like you, I just don't understand why it's like this. Unless there's some sort of limited release. I also wonder if this is going to be followed with the very collectable mono mix of Sell Out. Anyone bought SO lately?

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML