Re: AEB rips Tommy the movie

From: Sroundtable@aol.com

Didn't you tear into me a while back for criticizing some of the >movie? I was under the impression that you liked it.

No, mc, I've always hated it, it's a fuckin' cartoon.

That extra orifice you now enjoy was ripped by someone other
than myself.

I actually enjoy Elton's vocals in PW and the piano intro.

The very things I dislike about this version, along with
everything else imaginable, and more, about it.

He can't top Roger's voice for rock and roll, but, for instance, I >prefer the way he punctuates "sure plays a mean pinball" to the live >versions I have heard of the Who doing it.

Elton has been a cartoon for some 32 years now, and continues
to be so. A fuckin' cartoon.

~well *mc*.......

There's only you and me and we just disagree~ Dave Mason 1977
    ~composed by the late Jim Kreuger

It always seems to me that they never get it quite right live. It's >basically the chorus, for god's sake, and the lyrics the masses >recognize the most, yet the band doesn't seem to give it the gusto it >should have.

Yeah, Pete wrote it, plays guitar and sings backup on it,
TheWho-> recorded it originally, so they must have it all
wrong, for sure.

I have never cared for the 'live' ending, however.

Our band sings the shit out of that part.

Gotta wonder about a band/singer that touts their own praises.

;-)

~AnEnglishBoy~ (lost on the Left Coast of the USA)