Just another tricky day (am I turning into a lurker?) - somewhat of a review

Hi folks,

Let me start with saying I had a great time in the USA. Saw a part of the country I never saw before. The beautiful shiny Las Vegas with all it's fantastic plastic walking around, had the spread-up LA experience (where cars honk in morse code), and I stood on the spot where JFK got shot in Dallas...

But do you want to know my best experience? Here it comes...

After the Dallas I headed up to this posh hotel where The Who was staying. Figuring I only live once and money is actually just paper I booked a room at that very hotel. Going down in the elevator Rabbit bumped into me, not really surprised to see me, but happy to see me. Complementing me on my shirt (The Who soccer jersey), we both went down into the bar, where a big band was playing. Rabbit was excited and enjoyingly watched the band play and people dance. In my best Texan accent I asked him: "Why don't ya play with 'em?" (Rabbit also had a heavier accent being "back home"). Rabbit looked at me and replied: "Oh no, they're too good for me!".
I just cannot say what a great time I had there too. I really danced the night away (on big band music, nonetheless, after a WHO concert!). All the roadies and PA's where there and we where just "hanging out".

Next morning... We checked out at noon (we = Jennifer from Arkansas + me), but The Who was supposed to check out at 3 PM. So we just sat around in the lobby. Rabbit came up to us and we chatted a bit. He's such a great guy. He even shot a little bit of video of me, Jen & him together in the lobby for his webpage. He was gonna give it to his web-guy (is that you, Dave Van Staveren???).
Rabbit was on his way to the bar to "sniff in" some great memories from last night (he really liked it), but all he could sniff in now was left-over breakfast and lunch, because the dancing area was now turned into a dining area.

Pino passed and greeted us. So did Zak. Bobbie came down and we had a little chat... He seemed very, very tired... Roger came down just before 3 PM and sat down with the rest of the roadies and band in the lobby. We admired them from a distance...
Then at 3 PM they left... 10 minutes later Pete's PA came out... And here it comes...

Pete Townshend came out of the elevator walking straight towards the door. A female fan stopped him for an autograph. From our couch behind some shrubbery 20 feet away we admired that man, all dressed in black wearing black sunglasses. I love him and I fear him. Kinda like baptists do with God, I guess...
After giving his signature he walked on, but slowed and looked to his left, bended a bit to look through the shrubbery, smiled and waved at us... He stopped... He smiled... He waved... And we? We waved back...

And all I can say now is... YYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

He saw us. Some may know how I think about this, but I never try to walk up to Pete... I much more treasure the experience of him seeing or noticing me and acknowleding it. I know he prefers that instead of me being in his face.

This was just an experience that was worth everything... Everything...

The Who is a great unreplaceable love of mine... And still is...

Long live rock! Long live THE WHO! The best rock 'n' roll band on earth!!!

Love,

Bjorn