chicken soup, John, Hello to Andy,

>From: Joe Lewinski <lewinski@icanon.com>
>Subject: Idol Worship, Leaves start falling..., Boston II Chronicles
>
>"I'm One" is now playing.    As the "Leaves start falling,
>come down is calling" is sung, Jason says.  "This is a good song dad".
>What a great way to start the week.

I'm looking forward to these moments.
Right now, good eye contact is working for me.  ;-)

>Quad is chicken soup for the soul!

I think you've stumbled on a good book idea!

>I'm also curious as to how Jeff was able to get safe passage to
>the front row - what with his big ass and all? :)

BTW, I checked, I really did.  Jeff's ass isn't that big.
Quite average really.

>From: SicilianMother@aol.com
>Subject: Re: Drugs & RnR
>
>Maybe he
>also thought, I won't die, I am John Entwhistle.........

Naaaaa, that's Keith Moon's line.  :-)

>From: "Andy Cummings" <thekindpad@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Hello
>
>hi all,
>This is my first post on this particular list so I just thought I'd say hi.

>Nothing else really to say,

Hey Andy!
Great to meet and party with you at Boston II.
Nice guitar playing too.

>I'm still blown away by the Who show on friday
>night.
>peace
>andy

Should have seen them at Hershey.

;-)
HA!  Just trying to get under Jeff's skin.

>From: "Jeff House" <whocasa@adelphia.net>
>Subject: The legacy of my noble ass
>
>Every phase of this bands career has presented challenges that they have
>stood up to.  They didn't always prevail, but they did NOT run for cover.
>
>There is no disgrace here, just nobility."
>
>Very well said.

I agree.  Just don't know if I agree with the statement.
What is "this" band?

>I'm not sure what they believe about their "legacy".  I
>don't even know what a "legacy" is as it relates to a rock band.  It is a
>legal term to me, not an artistic one.  I do know that they leave it on the
>stage.

You don't think the band cares what others think, or how they will be
perceived years down the road?
Well if that's the case then Roger wouldn't have given a shit about Kenny,
Pete wouldn't have been upset about how IH or FD were received.
Hell, there'd never have been even a hint of a squabble between band members
as they try and figure out the best way to write a song, present a show,
dress, shit, eat......

>He used to be competitive and very
>hard on himself and others.  After two near death experiences and 7 years
on
>his back, he came to the conclusion that life is about being - not about
>winning.  A lesser man in Reeve's shoes would have given up a long time
ago.
>He has perservered.  I think he is a great man.

I think Reeve is a great man too.
But, to address you're point....The Who is The Who *because* of competition.
Period.