New Topic: Happy Thanksgiving, What I'm Thankful For

Hello,

Posting has been thin lately. 60% of yesterday's digest consisted of two
posts of the Kenny Jones Tax song story. The other 40% consisted of
Kevin and AEB poking at each other in the corner (fiddle about!)

So with that in mind, I thought I'd be thankful of what we have, after all it
is Thanksgiving eve here in the states.

I'm thankful for:

- The opening power chords of I Can't Explain
- The subtle blend of Pete's acoustic guitar and the background sound effects on the opening of Sea and Sand
- The nimble lead in of I Don't Even Know My self
- The feedback on Anyway Anyhow Anywhere
- Roger's amazing vocals on Imagine A Man
- The waterfall Crashing of Keith's cymbals on Quadrophenia
- John's temple-crushing bass lines on 5:15,
- John's bass fills throughout the band's career. Like no other before or since.
- My Generation
- Athena
- Spinner
- Ray High
- Rastus
- Ruth
- The Punk
- The Godfather
- The Hawker
- The Acid Queen
- Uncle Ernie
- Cousin Kevin
- The Ferryman
- Windmills, windmills, and more windmills
- Big nose geezers
- Boiler suits
- Fringed leather vests and jackets
- Skeleton suits
- Pictures of Lily and Pictures of Lily
- My lovely wife, and children
- My parents
- The Gibson, the Les Paul, the Fender
- The Hi-Watt
- The Buzzard
- Electrical Tape on Keith's headphones
- Athletic Tape on Roger's microphone
- Duct Tape - can't live without it!
- This list and all the people here I refer to as my Who friends.
- Thanks to Paul for maintaining the list.
- The Moon, the Stars and the Sun - whoops! Wrong list.

Joe in Philly