Post Traumatic Entwistle Death Syndrome

> Since the band is not recording or touring right now,
> you can't expect the lists to be as robust and thought
> provoking as this summer.

Plus, after the 2002 tour many listers on the various Who lists
decided to pack it in, so to speak, & quit the lists.

I think a lot of it had to do with Entwistle's death.  It's like,
after the tour, many fans gave a big sigh & said, "OK, that's it.
I'm done.  I've had enough.  I'm mentally drained."

I think Entwistle's death put a lot of things in perspective &
made our little list discussions (and arguments) seem puny & ir-
relevant.

Sadly, after the tour, for many Who fans on the internet, it was
the perfect time to end their own personal "tour" - their handful
of years spent discussing Who minutiae on a daily basis.  Many felt
the need to move on.

I unjokingly refer to the situation as "post traumatic Entwistle
death syndrome."  A jolting shock so great that many hardcore fans
felt they needed a break from their Who freakdom.

Maybe many returned to their pre-internet, personal relationship with
The Who; a private relationship we all have on some level where Who
joy is experienced alone, without the need to testify to others.

Yet I still feel the need to discuss, argue, & testify.  When I think
back to my pre-internet days of Who freakdom it seems like I was is-
olated.  Of course, I knew there were other Who freaks out there; I
just didn't have the opportunity to converse with dozens of them any
time I wanted.

It was a very ideal relationship back then:  just me & The Who.  Un-
cluttered.  Simple.  Pure & easy.  But better?  No, not for me.  I
can't go back.  I've met too many interesting people & have learned
too many fascinating things.

So while others may have felt the need for a type of closure, I seem
to have become addicted to the group discussion "thang."  I think I
like it the way it is.  ;-)

- SCHRADE in Akron