Re: Freedom and reality

> This is the key of the whole discussion - the Spirit.

This is dead on. I did not get your name, but I appreciate this.

Jon:

That still gives no evidence or sign of a relationship to a supreme being.

If I told you what it takes to reach the highest high, you'd laugh and say
nothing's that simple.

Ah, good, we're finally getting through to you. It's about REALITY.

There is a reason for the Ten commandments (which were used to form the basic
laws of western civilization by the way).

Yeah...see how screwed up western civilization is?

The purpose that God set these "rules"
for was firstly, to testify of what kind of God He is.

Yeah...a petty selfish little baby.

 Secondly it was to expose that we have no way to keep this law.
No fallen man can keep all of these strict regulations. I can say this with
confidence.

Or MAYBE they were writtem by man to control other men. Ever consider that?

We are bound in sin and are not free. We may have the Illusion that we
are free,

Dude...I'm free.

Either we serve God or we serve sin.

"You can call me Bobby/Or you can call me Zimmy..." Bob Dylan.

even say that the believers are going to heaven. I was really shocked when I
first discovered this.

And there's no rapture, either.

 For this reason God gave us the bible.

Man gave us the Bible. This is the truth.

 If you can
see, you will discover that it reveals something *far* greater.

And if you try, not very hard, you can convince yourself of anything.

The only reality in the universe is God himself. "I am."

What about "freedom?" Now you're backsliding.

This is a very powerful statement. Because it is true.

IYHO.

Hey, a quick question. I got a message (presumably from this list) called "Majordomo, Honey" in my Inbox but cannot access it. Anyone know what that is about about?

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML