Re: Forgetting the begats & Freedom STILL tastes of reality

Arrrrrrgh!
That's how I feel after reading one of Jon's protracted, drawn-out God-posts.
Arrrrrrgh!  ;-o
 ;-)

Well, I kept my big mouth shut for about a week & a half.  However, the sinful,
God-less temptation to "jump back in" is too great.

Plus, I worry that some impressionable person may read one of Jon's baseless
posts & think, "Hmmm...that sounds kind of interesting.  I'd like to know more."

And before you know it we'll have another brain-washed, religious automaton
walking the planet unable to break the chains of a shackled mind & become a
free-thinker.  Just what we need.

With that....Jon said:

> The purpose that God set these "rules" for was firstly, to testify of what kind
> of God He is. He is holy, uncommon, and sinless.

Except when you piss him off.  That's when God gets to flex his muscles & par-
take in some good 'ole fashioned *murder.*

Let's look at just a few examples from the Book of Jeremiah, shall we?

"And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers & the sons togeth-
er, saith the Lord: I will not pity, nor have mercy, but destroy them."

"Behold, I will punish them: the young men shall die by the sword; their sons &
their daughters shall die by the famine."

"For who shall have pity upon thee, O Jerusalem?  I will bereave them of
children....and the residue of them will I deliver to the sword."

"And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons & the flesh of their daught-
ers, & they shall eat everyone the flesh of his friend in the siege & the straitness."

"For I will punish them that dwell in the land of Egypt as I have punished Jer-
usalem, by the sword, by the famine, & by the pestilence."

"It shall be a desolate heap, & her daughters shall be burned with fire."

"Take vengeance upon her; as she hath done, do unto her."

"Spare ye not her young men; destroy ye utterly all her host....this is the time
of the Lord's vengeance."

"Thou art my battle axe & weapon of war, for with thee I will break in pieces
old & young."

"I will bring them down like lambs to the slaughter."

And from the Book of Ezekiel we have:

"For thus saith the Lord....they shall slay their sons & their daughters."

"Therefore the fathers shall eat the sons."

"Thus shall my anger be accomplished....and I will be comforted."

"So will I send upon you famine & evil beasts."

"And I will lay the dead carcasses of the children of Israel before their idols;
and I will scatter your bones."

"I will accomplish my fury upon them....Neither will I have pity."

"Slay utterly old & young, both maids & little children, & women...."

What a lovely, "sinless" God you worship, Jon.  I suppose all those poor
bastards had it coming though, right?  Even the children.  Right?

Or perhaps you casually glance over those passages in the Bible where God
doesn't meet your personal standards.

> Either we serve God or we serve sin.

Wrong, everyone!  There's a third choice:  Serve no one!  No man.  Real or
imagined.  No submission.  Talk about being free?!!!

 - SCHRADE in Akron

"For I know that the hypnotized never lie.  Do ya'?"