Re: New TKAA DVD

In article <F7737088BF5ED611B51600B0D03D09E5632C27@mailbox.ascpl.lib.oh .us>,
    "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us>  writes:

> > I think if there were any commentary it would be most appropriate
> > for the creators of the film to make that commentary.
>
> Well, Jeff Stein & who else then?  I mean, what really would Jeff
> Stein be able to say except things like, "I got this clip from the
> BBC.  I got this clip from Top of the Pops," or whatever.

I'm sure he has more stories to tell than that.  Putting this film
together was a long journey for him, its not as simple as "I got this
clip from Top of the Pops".

> [...]  All he did was compile footage.

You say that as if it was a simple task.  Just look at what the
remaster guys are going through to remaster a -finished- film.
I imagine that there are 10x more stories about putting the film
together in the first place.

> I suppose there are a few interesting
> stories about that, but 109 minutes worth?

I'm willing to bet, that should he be interested, he would have enough
to fill up the entire length of the film and more.  I mean, I go on
with my friend Nick for more than an hour and a half about the Who
every time we get together and I didn't even make the first film
documenting their career.  (Remember TKAA predated 30 yrs, the Who's
Next DVD, etc.)

> See, I think they're the *only* people that would have anything of
> interest to say in the commentary.  I'd love to hear them reminisce
> & crack jokes about the various scenes & performances.  That'd be hil-
> arious!

You're assuming they remember each performance as a distinct event.  I
think they've already said whatever they could say about the famous
events on other films (30 yrs, etc.) and I doubt they remember each
and every performance that's in TKAA.  But, I'm not the one choosing
who does the commentary, either.  Perhaps they have new stuff to say,
but I have a feeling it would be the same rehash we've already heard.

They can always include more than one commentary audio track.  I just
don't know that Roger and Pete have that much interest in commenting
on this film.  If they do, great.  If its the same stuff we've heard
before, oh well.
--
  Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
    izfree: Open source tools for Windows Installer