Evil children? The Kids are alright. But... Part 1

In a message dated 11/12/02 2:34:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bushchoked@yahoo.com writes:

> You don't think we're all inherently evil, do you?

I heard Pete saying that "there is nothing wrong with my kids, there is
nothing wrong with your kids.  The kids are alright! " I agree with him and I
have the ability placed in me to see through all of the troubles that they
have to give Pete a hearty "Right on!"  But I am also not so naive to think
that it is that simple.  He is hitting a certain facet that is basically
neglected by many parents that have forgotten what it was like to be young
and full of hope.  Pete is not coming DOWN on the kids.  Rather he has chosen
to bear them up.  I get teared up everytime I hear him sing this, because I
am so thankful that he didn't forget what it was like.  He is so broad in his
view.  We need to hear this again and again.

My plain answer to your question is no.  But we are much more complicated do
to several things that have happened in history, so I will later address this
with something called "Three lives and four laws"

 First a little background is needed.  I will *attempt* to be brief. If you
do not believe what I am saying, at least you can think of it as an
interesting story.  But this story is true. I am going to skip all of the
details to move this along, so I apologize for the lack of beauty in the
writing.

There are two major forces in the universe today. God and Satan. Light and
Darkness.  God is the source of all of the positive things in the universe.
Satan is Lucifer, the top archangel created by God with incredible beauty and
powers.

To be short, Lucifer was so great.  But he made a horrible mistake. He looked
at *himself*, something that God created, and then made the decision..."*I*
will ascend to the heights...*I* will be like the Most high..."  This is
where sin was invented by him. This is the first sin ever committed.  He made
the conscious decision to be the object of worship and fell in love with
himself. This is a fact and if this is offensive to you, it just helps to
prove what I am going to say later.

In eternity past, the world that is our earth was Lucifer's. It was bright
and beautiful with many creatures and living things.  God did not create it a
waste.  Lucifer had dominion over it and all of the beings that were on it at
the time were under his influence. When Lucifer rebelled against God, they
followed him in his rebellion against God.  Also 1/3 of the angels followed
him.

This brought about a judgment by God. The earth was covered with water and
the sun was covered for a period of time that is unknown. This could have
been millions of years.  Since God is eternal, He is not bound by time.  This
was in eternity past.
In the record of Genesis, God devotes only two verses to this period.  Gen.
1:1,2 (But is explained in some detail in many other books of the bible)

Then begins the popular record that many in Christianity know very
superficially.  But it is not superficial.

God said let there be light.  And there was light. When God speaks, light
comes forth. This is the principle.

Jon in Mi.