My Final Post On "The Great Debate"

OK, I PROMISE this is my last post on this topic (for the time being
at least).  I know people are getting sick of this discussion &, truth
be told, I'm not exactly thrilled by it anymore, either.

I've presented my viewpoints & Jon has presented his.  As someone has
said, we're not gonna change each other's opinions any time soon so
let's end it & get back on the Who train.

Jon, after this post, if you feel the need to respond, that's fine.
You can have the last word; the final rebuttal, OK?  No problem.

Now, let's jump into the poppycock that was your last post:

> I could only do it if you were truly open.  I can't make you drink.
> But I know that you are thirsty.

More nonsensical quips that mean nothing.  The thing I'm thirsty for
is KNOWLEDGE, not fairy tales & lies.  And you're not serving anything
that can quench *that* thirst, my friend.

> Are you getting mad, Scott?  I thought we were just having a dis-
> cussion here?

No, I'm not getting mad.  I've met you, Jon.  You're cool.  I'm just
"gettin' into" the discussion, that's all.  You're still my buddy.  ;-)

> When I see a Rolex watch, I am completely sure that someone made it.
> It keeps pretty good time, but the earth keeps better time. Something
> set it and is keeping it in perfect order while it hangs and spins in
> the middle of space while revolving around the sun right on time at
> the perfect distance away from it for life here to flourish.

Er....you might want to brush up on your scientific reading there,
Spiritual Boy.  Our Earth does NOT keep perfect time.  Millions of
years ago the Earth was much closer to Sun & the "day" lasted only
about 20 hours instead of 24.

The Earth is pulling away in it's orbit ever so slightly each time it
swings around our glorious Sun.  That's why we had to add a "leap sec-
ond" to the year a while back.  Remember that?  That was to adjust to
the slowing down of the Earth's orbit.

So, I'm afraid your pretty little analogy of the solar system being
set in motion like a complicated, hand-made, accurate timepiece is
JUST PLAIN WRONG.  Once again, the actual facts, which you conven-
iently ignore, prove otherwise.

> The sun is a huge ball of gas that does not burn out....

Wrong again, Spiritual Boy!  You might want to just stay away from
trying to use science to back up your fantasies because you're only
digging yourself deeper into a hole full of errors.

I'm afraid to say that our Sun will indeed "burn out" in about another
4 or 5 billion years.  But have no fear - the Earth will have been in-
cinerated long before that when our Sun swells outward during it's red
giant phase.

Stars, like our Sun, are born, live, & then die.  The length of their
"lives" depends on how much mass they started out with.  This has all
been proven by science.  Oddly, the wise men who wrote the Bible were
ignorant of this information.  And apparently, since much of the Bible
professes to be the word of God, God himself was ignorant of this in-
formation.  Hmmmm....odd that.  A dumb God.

> I could go on and on.

Please do.  Tell us more incorrect information you've misconstrued from
scientific discoveries.  It's quite revealing as to the amount of brain-
washing you've allowed yourself to succumb to.

> God gave this book (the Bible) to us and it is FULL of proof.

Sorry, but the only thing the Bible is full of is *shit.*  (Couldn't
pass that one up!)

> It is His very breath.

Then God's breath reeks of inaccuracy, sexism, war, & lies.

> There once was an article in which Einstein was asked wether or not
> he believed in God.  He replied, "Your question is an insult to me.
> How could a scientist such as I not believe in God?"

Galileo believed in God, too.  But that didn't stop the Catholic Church
from putting him under house arrest for claiming that the Earth re-
volved around the Sun.  Religious people & organizations have a nice
track record when it comes to trying to suppress scientific facts.
That's something you should be proud of.  You're doing a good job of
continuing that trend, Jon.  Congratulations.  You'll be rewarded for
your deceit when you get to Heaven, I'm sure.

> If you study science it will tell you that there is a God.

That's not the case in the dozens of science books I've read.  I'm here
to tell you, after much study & thought, that GOD DOES NOT EXIST.  He
is not needed in our universe.  He is not needed in my life.  He is not
needed in my mind.  I'm content, happy, & fulfilled without him.

In conclusion, you may believe what you wish, Jon, but I WILL NOT have
you distort, alter, change, reword, misinterpret, or misrepresent beauti-
ful scientific concepts that people have worked very hard to uncover.

YOU WILL NOT continue to spread lies & misinformation to further your
own unverifiable religious beliefs.  THOU SHALT NOT LIE, Jon!  THOU
SHALT NOT LIE!!

Leave science alone & stick with your vague, convoluted, untestable
spiritual nonsense.  Science has work to do & truths to discover.  Stay
out of its way, please.

- SCHRADE in Akron