Re: Tommy Walker Superstar

The mind is *part* of the soul. It is the leading part.

Jon:

There's where you and I differ. I think the mind is separate. Otherwise we wouldn't have the capacity to do evil unless our soul was evil...and so on, you know what I mean.

My point was that the mind should be set on the *spirit* (the human spirit)

Are you saying the spirit and the soul are two different things? I have always considered them two words for the same thing.

automatically knows how to nurse. Then comes the age for decision making...

...and breasts are still pretty cool. Sorry, ladies. The devil made me write that. Anyway, even with the decision making process we're still governed by instincts. We're just not always aware of it...sometimes in hindsight. "Why did I pick up the foul skank in the bar last night at 2 AM? Because my instinct wanted me to procreate and my mind was otherwise occupied. Yuck!"

This is the gross misunderstanding that I spoke of earlier.

That religion makes; yeah we definitely agree on that.

Truth is a Person. "I am." This requires spiritual sight to see.

But still truths are different. Truth for an Eskimo wouldn't be truth for an Arab.

The truth =the Son of God,

Ah, but now you've fallen into the religion trap. Because only a single one says that. You're free to believe that one, go for it. But then it becomes "You can only get to God through Jesus" and "Woman can't wear pants" and so on.

Freedom indeed tastes of reality. What insight!

One of my all time favorite Townshend lines.

No, Tommy was identical to Jesus.

Scott:

A lot less successful though. And Tommy's belief system didn't dominate Western civilization for the next 2000 years and continuously oppress entire groups of people and even be the reason for the 9/11 terrorist attack.

My second question is: Why does God need our love? I find this
disturbing that he NEEDS the love of Joe Lewinski, and will

Joe:

Dude, that is an excellent comment. Why should the being who can create all of this demand worship. That's the kind of thing a small-minded human might want, but as I said it's not the kind of person you'd invite to a party.

Now think of this: "Nothing excisted before it, not even time." Now what is
nothing? How can you define it... even approximately?

Helen:

Me, me, I can! The space between George "Duh-Bya" Bush's ears!

Yet it`s absurd about monkeys. No matter how many good old skeletons have
been found. Booooo. I read National Geographic evolution-articles and it
looks like a supposition. Only this. Wonder why they think they managed to
prove it?

First of all, it's not "monkeys" but the remains of creatures that evolved into humans. That we "come from monkeys" is misinformation. Second, there's a Hell of a lot more proof of evolution than there is of a supreme being. I can prove evolution to you right here and now. Why do you get goosebumps when your skin gets cold? Because there USED to be hair there, as there is on animals which have the exact same reaction.

Can we get back to The Who please?

Rick:

I like the idea of debating the spirituality of Tommy, that way we all win.

common ancestor. They are different species. Monkey's didn't *become*
humans. We're just closely related to them, that's all.

Scott:

And some of them are in political office. One, anyway.

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML