IGTC Server Is Back Up - Was that God's doing?

>Subject: IGTC Server Is Back Up
>From: "Scott Schrade"
>
>> well finally some news.  was wondering what happened ring here.
>
>I believe the list server was down for a few days.

Hmmm, an act of God??  ;-)
I tell you what, the stomach flu I'm fighting sure feels like it's an act of
God.  Only something *that* great could produce something this bad!   Boy,
that statement sure could spark a debate.

While on my death...ahem...sick bed, I watched the movie Contact.  I was
thinking of you and Jon the whole time.
I've always liked this movie.
Now I know why.
It really takes the current debate/thread on God vs. Science and runs with
it.

Scott, you must be a big fan of Jodie Foster.  I know I am!

Just a couple of thoughts:
If the current theory/thinking supported by evidence is that the big bang
came from nothing, than that seems to do away with the "old" theory/thinking
that no matter can be created or destroyed.  If that's the case, then how
long until this current thinking is also done away with.  My point is, while
I support science, and watch as it gets closer and closer (but never seems
to get all the way there!) to an answer, science is in constant evolution.
I mean, is it ok now to eat butter??  Really!  They keep changing things on
us.

And, I for one hope to meet up with my "poochie" that I lost several years
ago (boy, did you hit close to home with that one!).  Will it be in "heaven"
or some other stratosphere??  Neither I nor science can answer that.  But
it's what I want.  I want to believe this.  The alternative seems so lonely.
So....hopeless.
Plus, he was a good fucking dog, and I loved him madly!   :-)

Ultimately, there is faith.  Yep, faith in something bigger.  Faith in
Science?  Faith in God?  Is there a difference?

A couple of questions (heh-heh):
Who is your favorite scientist?
Is that person a person of faith as well?

I don't know, but I'd be willing to bet that most of today's great
scientists are also people of faith.
Science is *that* awe inspiring.

Kevin in VT
(where the deer are currently running scared, and I'm developing an intimate
relationship with my toilette)