more Who references on TV- the Simpsons season premier

Well, someone at the Simpsons is a huge Who fan, because in the season premier two non-verbal Who references were made.  Homer goes to The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Camp out in the woods.  Keith and Mick were there, along with Tom Petty, Lenny Kravitz, Elvis Costello (bletsch!), and some other guy whose name I didn't catch.  Anyway, Homer wakes up the first morning and pulls out a red and white Fender and does a Pete Townshend running slide, then shows Kravitz his new move, taking the guitar like a lasso and whirling it over his head before it flies out the window and crashes into Mick and Keith's cabin, where they are counting up receipts.  Later in the episode, with all the Springfield-ites on stage jamming with their guitars, the convenient store owner, Ah-poo I believe it is, is clearly engaging in windmills.

mc