Emo what I'm talking about...

what's "emo"?

Joel:

"Emo" is a term they use for the bands you mentioned. Short for "emotion." I can almost see that, considering there's no emotion in Britiney Pop (as opposed to Brit Pop).

if you think it's my name, its not. have you ever heard the
stripes song "dead leaves and the dirty ground"? has this great rock riff

I'll listen to it again today; I have it at my store.

and possibly others (if any) are bringing this rock thing back and I think

I am all for Rock coming back, but I don't see it because first of all, these bands are fading already. I say that from a sales standpoint. They've stopped selling well. Could be the Bush economy, I guess, which yet another quick interest rate drop isn't going to fix. But I think it's because people are already bored with Emo. Second, there's nothing new there at all. Rock needs to progress, and I don't mean Dream Theater either. With no progression, you've got The Stones circa 2002. The Who progressed...from MG to Quad, new ground broken with each album offering. IMHO Rock stopped progressing in the mid-70's (1973 being the last great year), and Punk was the first recycle (although a great one). This current recycle of Punk (Emo) is a recycle of a recycle...see what I mean? New Wave was Progressive Rock gone Pop, Hair Metal was Heavy Metal gone Pop, Grunge was Rock mixed with Punk, Brit Pop was British Invasion recycled...and so on.

night", that's exactly the kind of point i was trying to make and i'm sorry i

More often than not EMail doesn't accurately convey the intent of the writer, especially if they're joking, and I've found it's best (unless someone is blatant) to assume the person on the other end has a smile on his/her/its face.

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML