The magic of the Who and passion of their fans

In a message dated 11/6/2002 8:16:19 AM Pacific Standard Time, TJLY99@aol.com
writes:

> them if money and scheduling wasn't a problem

Not just money, but some of us have young children here.  I had tickets in my
hot little hands in 2000 and could have gotten them in2002, at any price.
However, I am the sole parent and they aren't old enough to come with (plus,
we'd get kicked out after 5 minutes of my boys at a concert to be sure).  I'd
sell what I could to get a ticket.  But, without someone to take my place
with my kids, fuhgettaboutit........but, that doesn't diminish the passion I
have for them.

There is something really quite amazing about Pete and The Who.  One
girlfriend I have in Russia told me an amazing story........She found a tiny
picture of the Who as a little girl in one of her dad's rock magazines.  She
never heard their music or heard of them back then.  But, she was so
fascinated with the picture that she put it on her wall and studied it for
years.  When the day came that she had access to real music, and the Who,
especially Tommy, it was even more incredible then she might have imagined!!!
 So, they stirred her before she ever even heard a single note.  Now, that is
the magic of THE WHO!!  Thank you Pete, Rog..........John and Keith!!

Thank you Helen for that story............see, I told you it caught my
attention!!!

Love,
Johanna