Under a rock

This morning I went to my mailbox on the way to work.

In it was the latest encore cd to arrive.  Toronto.  I knew nothing about
this show except that it was the last one of the tour and I wanted to have
it.

I felt so stupid for mistakenly sending a private e-mail *to the List*!!
(The purpose of the letter to my ex. was to show her that Scott is not some
argumentative, angry prick, since I shared the responses to my letter with
her without explanation.)

I put the CD in and drove across town, cranked up full.  Really rocking.
There are few flaws on this one and the level is rather intense.  The only
thing that is diminished is on AAA Pete's guitar is a bit low sounding for
some reason.

This is a very good performance.  Very strong.  Baba O'Riley ends...  banter
begins...

Pete: "We're doin' a few songs from Quadrophenia.  We just do three.   Kind
of a Potted, adolescent, nervous breakdown-Goes on a train journey-Finds
God."

Roger quips:  "Under a rock"  (which is where i wished I could crawl earlier)

Pete: "Finds God... under a rock.  Where else would he find Him?"

Roger:  "Exactly"

Pete: "With all the low things in the world come all the high things. You've
got to look under the rock to find the goodness".

I knew what LROM was about.  I know how the magnificent Quadrophenia ends. To
my great surprise, this is the first time in my life I have ever heard Pete
*say* it.

Everybody in Jimmy's life had let him down.  His parents.  His mates. His
boss.  His girl. He himself.
He was left in a dry, worn out, used up condition, and he was still just a
young man.  All of his trying ended in failure.  Apparently no cared.  Why
should he?

...Then the Rain came from above    And it *drenched* him.

And me.

Jon in Mi.