Re: Pete reviews Kurt Cobain's journals

> I don't know.  Isn't exactly the type of media that Pete needs
> at the moment.

What?!  The guy's not allowed to defend himself?  And like Rich said,
nothing Pete said was off the mark.  Truth hurts sometimes.

> I couldn't help but keep thinking that this is/can be a whole can
> of worms opening.  Kind of a battle of generations, if you will.

Well, Mr. Cobain started it.  Too bad.  Besides, I thought Pete ex-
pressed some admiration for Cobain in the piece, too.  It wasn't com-
pletely negative.  But, by the same token, it wasn't completely pos-
itive & gushing, either, the way much of the commentary on Cobain is.

> Just when I was hoping for more of a 'come together' between the
> generations.

People have been trying to bridge generational gaps for years.  It
rarely works on a large scale.  The majority of the masses don't have
open minds.  And that's where it starts.

> This just seems to fly in the face of TKAA and what Pete and Rog have
> been doing with this song over the past 2 tours.

Hey!  The kids *are* alright!  They just gotta watch what they say
about Pete, that's all!  The guy's just too thoughtful, intelligent,
& experienced to have to take any shit.  I'm happy he's still defending
himself.

- SCHRADE in Akron