Re: The Who is a Man's group mostly

In a message dated 11/2/02 8:24:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
peter_dennis_blandford_townshend@hotmail.com writes:

> Isn't this (Empty Glass 1980) about the time Pete revealed to the
> press his bisexual tendencies (that attentive listeners had noticed
> for many, many years) ?

I believe it was more like 1990.  I remember it clearly by the on the job
"Sorry Jon"s

There was reference to this album as "proof." But Pete made it much clearer
that he is neither gay nor BI in his recent Rolling Stone interview where the
interviewer pissed him off.  We all heard this on the list.

Johanna,

As a man I dig The Who for the aggressive sound that helps bring about the
relief of the frustrations of life.  I have shouted along with Roger at the
top of my lungs so many times in my car from the time I was 17.  Love Reign
O'er me brings great release with an open heart.  In this thick, dark, dusty
life sometimes I just need a drink of cool, cool rain.  I get what I ask for
in this song.

The Dirty Jobs has been a major release to sing along with in my difficult
circumstances.  The pounding drums are just amazing on this.  It is just like
the blues, but with POWER.  Sometimes we don't really "hear" the words of a
song until we have something big happen in our lives.  I know *every* word of
this one!  It is a male song expressing frustration by Roger's smash-through
voice.  I don't know why this song isn't Roger's theme.  I have it playing
very loudly at this very moment.

Jon in Mi.