From: SicilianMother@aol.com
To: thewho@igtc.com
Subject: The Who is a Man's group mostly
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 19:08:05 EST

Dear Helen, Sandy, Carol and the rest of you guys and dolls,

Obviously there are many more men Who fans and I never thought about "why"
before.

We all know that we think that Roger has a hot bod. But, you can see that
anywhere. That is all fun and cute, but so does the Backstreet Boys and alot
of other pretty boys in Rock and Roll.

Roger's voice is mostly growling alot of the time. Very masculine. Pete and
him do sing falsetto very effectively. But it is more of a guy thing.

The poetry and lyrics in most of the Who's music is very hard, talking about
anger, fighting, hookers, frustration and alot of male dominating emotions
that we all feel. However, they are portrayed from the angry male side.
Again, dudes like that shit. We do to, but this is what makes the Who's
audience mostly men, in my opinion.

I think Empty Glass is the only music written by PT that has a clearly female
flavor and I do believe he gained alot of females fans after the release of
that.

I'd like to hear some opinions for and against this argument, from the many
music/Who experts out there. I really just touched on this.

Anyone?

SicilianMother
Johanna